Holiday to-do lists

3. Complete masses of thesis reading
  4. Draft thesis introduction
  5. Draft thesis literature review
  6. Draft thesis background to case studies
  7. Finish the two issues of The Economist that arrived while I was in Turkey

Web / Photographic

1. Post the best photos from Turkey to my Photo.net page (Done on 19 Dec)
  2. Post scanned T-Max images
  3. Post non-“photo of the day” images to blog and link into standard structures
  4. Create a new banner / theme for the blog for the new year?
  5. Help Mica migrate from his Blogger based site to a WordPress site with better capabilities?
  6. Work through some old bugs and feature suggestions.

Employment related

1. Find a job for after June 16th

Time remaining for completion: 27 days. Probability of having time for another trip this break: low and falling.

Milan December 18, 2006 at 2:17 pm

Notice how, shamefully, a few of these items have carried over from my last major to-do list.

Anon @ Wadh December 19, 2006 at 12:12 pm

Sounds like a lot.

Remember to prioritize, and find some time for yourself and friends, also.

Milan December 19, 2006 at 3:51 pm

My best Turkey photos are now on Photo.net. I am a bit disappointed with them, really. They are a decent enough travel set, but they have no real artistic merit.

Milan December 19, 2006 at 8:40 pm

I finally finished: Bromley, Daniel and Jouni Paavola. Economics, Ethics, and Environmental Policy: Contested Choices. Blackwell Publishers; Oxford. 2002.

Now, I mean to finish the Dobson book and then move into twinned reading on Philosophy of Science and the specifics of the case studies.

Milan December 21, 2006 at 6:20 pm

Done. See http://www.papaflyfilms.com

Milan December 21, 2006 at 7:47 pm

Finish the two issues of The Economist that arrived while I was in Turkey

Done

Milan December 26, 2006 at 7:57 am

Note: add Sir Ronald Cohen to the list of OUSSG sponors

Milan December 29, 2006 at 1:33 am

On the job front:

Emily (who used to work on hiring at Goldman Sachs) is helping me improve my CV.

I pushed it from version 2.0 to version 2.5 tonight, with a shiny new version to emerge in the next couple of days.

Update: Version 3 is now ready.

Milan December 29, 2006 at 7:12 pm

I wrote about 1000 words of a draft introduction for the thesis while sitting in the very back corner of the Cornmarket Starbucks today.

Milan December 30, 2006 at 7:17 pm

I revamped the WordPress theme a bit, creating a new one called Bridge so that I can easily go back to Serenity. So far, there is a new banner and a few colour changes. I may well tinker with it further.