Further commentary from Mr. Bitters

2005-12-03

in Music, Oxford, Rants

Whatever compelled my fellow Wadham students to mark the end of term with an off-key, drunken sing-along lasting until well after 3:00am, I cannot understand. I can, however, be justifiably irked about it – particularly since it happened in the room with which I share a wall.

There aren’t even any quiet hour regulations or residence advisors to report them to here.

[Edited to add:] On an unrelated note, people should consider taking action against Sony for intentionally deploying malware against their own paying customers, lying about it, releasing patches that make it worse, and never showing any contrition or concern about illegally sabotaging people’s computers:Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sarah P December 3, 2005 at 5:50 am

For most of us, singing is something that can only be contemplated when drunk, which tends to mean it is nocturnal. At least they were indoors and clothed, unlike an infamous Merton caterwauling session I could mention.

Blue Plastic Straw December 3, 2005 at 8:07 am

Alas, the real world doesn’t have quiet hour regulations or “grown ups” to complain to.

Annoying yes, but that is why God invented headphones and earplugs.

Anonymous December 3, 2005 at 10:42 am

You could have complained to the porters or the subdeans for noise after midnight, you know.

Milan December 3, 2005 at 1:33 pm

Having some decent earplugs would have been the ideal solution: sleep for me, without irking or angering those with other plans.

Staying up until 4:00am really threw me off for today.

Anonymous December 3, 2005 at 2:03 pm

Elsewhere in library court, I was particularly annoyed by the truly awful singing of “We are Wadham” taken on by a single person wandering in the cold courtyard.

B December 3, 2005 at 2:05 pm

And to think, it will be another forty years before you can live in an especially strict retirement community, where noisy by-laws are enforced by lethal injection…

B December 3, 2005 at 9:10 pm

Oh, Stephen Harper. Could you be more RETROGRADE or IRRELEVANT? Sorry, I am plastered.

Here’s the Article.

Milan December 3, 2005 at 9:16 pm

Oh, B. I may not know who you are, but I basically like you.

Vote Liberal!

Hilary December 4, 2005 at 3:32 am

wow, our brothers and their friends sure our weird….

I’ve never seen the infamous car rally video, although it may be too risque for general internet posting. I should try and find you the video of gordon and friends eating mcdonalds ice cream cones upside down. I’m told it’s a classic. Those scenesters…..