Second quarterly Oxford bloggers’ gathering

2006-01-28

in Internet matters, Oxford, Writing

Three months ago today, a collection of Oxford bloggers met at The Turf for beer and conversation. Now, a second instance has been proposed. The date and time proposed are February 10th (Friday of 4th week) at 8:00pm. The place: the Turf Tavern, off Holywell Street.

I look forward to meeting an even larger cross section of the Oxford blogging community this time.

Milan January 28, 2006 at 6:38 pm

It’s also worth noting that Louise is returning to Oxford that day. Perhaps those who attend will get the chance to meet her, as well.

Tony January 29, 2006 at 4:40 pm

I’m really sorry, I’m not going to be able to make it that evening. I have arranged a regular series of Friday evening meetings that I can’t change.

Hope it goes well.

Milan January 29, 2006 at 4:50 pm

I am willing to reschedule it to a different night if that works better for people.

How does this particular Friday look to everyone else?

Ben January 29, 2006 at 9:34 pm

I had a nagging feeling there was something… Actually I think the evening itself is probably fine, except I might/should be going to a conference on the 11th, and don’t yet know arrangements there.

Kate January 30, 2006 at 9:20 am

I an’t do that date as apparently I’m going on a hen night.

Milan January 30, 2006 at 10:59 am

This is looking like an increasingly sparsely attended event. Would Thursday or Saturday be better for people, perhaps?

Ben January 30, 2006 at 7:15 pm

I’ve been accepted for the Warwick conference, which might mean getting a 7:30am train Saturday… Neither Friday nor Saturday really look any good for me. Thursday should work, provided I get my marking done.

Seth February 1, 2006 at 1:17 am

Wednesday-Friday of fifth week is the only time I COULDN’T do it; any other time is fine. So I’m pretty much open. :)

Mike February 1, 2006 at 8:39 pm

Can do Friday but not Thursday or saturday, sorry! I already have two clashing meetings on Thursday evening, both of which I’m on a three-line whip to attend…ah politics…

Milan February 1, 2006 at 8:42 pm

Busy people… what a mess.

Maybe the following Monday or Tuesday would be better?

Ben February 3, 2006 at 12:39 am

Monday or Tuesday of 6th week (20th/21st Feb)?

Both seems quite do-able to me as far as I’m aware at present.

Milan February 3, 2006 at 12:43 am

Either of those works for me. I will mention the possibility in tomorrow’s daily post and we will see if it works for others.

Lee February 22, 2006 at 12:28 am

Let me know when the next meeting is, Milan. I’ll try to come along.

Milan September 7, 2008 at 5:49 pm