For the sake of organization, here is a list of some of the disagreements that have arisen on this blog between those that accept the scientific consensus that climate change is real, caused by human activity, and dangerous and those who do not. Given that a lot of the deniers seem to flit from blog to blog, leaving misleading comments, cataloging some rebuttals to them seems worthwhile.
This list includes people who believe that climate change is real and a serious problem, but believe for one reason or another that nothing should be done about it.
They are listed here in the order in which they first appeared:
- Jack Carradice – September 2008
- Vaclav Klaus – December 2008
- Antonio Sosa – January 2009
- Betula – May 2009
- Dan Pangburn – July 2009
- Mike Goad – December 2009
- Ashley Baker – January 2010
- Brad Cocomile – June 2010
- Robert Laughlin – July 2010
- Dave Graham – February 2011
I will add more as they crop up.
- Climate change letters to editors
- Responses to climate change scepticism
- Climate change ‘delayers’
- Hierarchy of climate change uncertainty
A trio of other blogs that do an especially good job of debunking the arguments of so-called skeptics are: DeSmogBlog, RealClimate, and the ‘How to Talk to a Climate Sceptic‘ series on A Few Things Ill Considered.