Abbreviated day

2006-01-03

in Daily updates

Turtle

I completed a lengthy scholarship application today, as well as my absentee voter registration. I think I can feel justly proud about both, even though past form indicates that only one of the two will bring back a positive response. I also read a good chunk of the Atwood book and the introduction to Hume. Significant progress so far, reading about neorealism: virtually none. Likewise for statistics.

Of course, after printing and signing all the forms, I learned that today was a bank holiday and I could not send them. One more task for tomorrow, I suppose. Given that I am meant to meet Claire at ten in the morning, I should have ample time for it.

Tonight was really very interesting, but I’m not particularly in the mood to talk about it. As such, I shall have to leave you all in suspense. Life’s cruel, isn’t it?

People should understand that this is a good sign, insofar as my well being goes. The more interesting things I have to do, the less I blog.

Anonymous January 3, 2006 at 1:01 am

24 days until the Canadian federal election? My God! The blood sucking Tories could win!

B January 3, 2006 at 1:15 am

You should listen to Rinse, by Vanessa Carlton. I bet you’d like it.

Milan January 3, 2006 at 1:19 am

“Based on what you’ve told us so far, we’re playing this track because it features mild rhythmic syncopation, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation, minor key tonality and many other similarities identified in the music genome project.”

It certainly sounds very clever, doesn’t it?

Seth January 3, 2006 at 6:39 am

Congrats on completing the scholarship application, I know what a feat that is! I have a couple of those to do upon my return to Oxford in a couple weeks. Bad news about the bank holiday, and unfortunately that probably means longer lines at the already-frustrating St. Aldates Post Office, if that’s indeed where you’re sending it from.

B January 3, 2006 at 3:49 pm

Whither the tortoise?

Milan January 3, 2006 at 5:17 pm

It’s a terrapin, actually.

B January 3, 2006 at 5:27 pm

Looks like they’re in the news today, actually. I’m glad to see at least some are being treated nicely, rather than boiled.

Anonymous January 4, 2006 at 6:59 pm

I too, have seen such a reptile, similar to, but not a terrapin. While snorkling in Hawaii, a large sea turtle swam within a few feet of where I was floating. It was a cool experience…turtles are very graceful in water. http://www.turtles.org/

Meghan

Milan January 4, 2006 at 7:37 pm

I would absolutely love to see a big sea turtle, especially in the water, especially in the wild…

Anonymous January 22, 2007 at 3:44 pm

Why don’t you tell me about the sunsets in Sweden
And the laws of Eden
And how you were the rock of Gibraltar
And how they called you foxy? (foxy)
Well that’s another whole box of Pandora’s
That’s another whole box of them ties