Residents of Ottawa should strongly consider attending WestFest this year. It is a free five day festival happening in Westboro Village between June 11th and 15th. An entire street will be closed off to make room for stages, vendors, and the like. It only takes five minutes to walk there from the Westboro Transitway station.
Performers this year include:
- 1755 (Acadian group on Thursday)
- Joel Plaskett (Friday)
- Buffy Sainte-Marie (Saturday)
- Holly McNarland (Saturday)
- Lynn Miles & Sue Foley (Sunday)
- Andrea Simms Karp (Sunday)
There will also be authors, theatre performers, and artists about.
Emily and I are both volunteering, so you may see us there.