LC^3T: Ottawa – North Bay

2009-12-19

in Canada, Daily updates, Travel

The Low Carbon Cross Canada Trip (LC^3T) has begun!

Stocks of books and batteries are good, though food stocks are almost non-existent due to carry-on baggage restrictions.

I was anxious last night and slept very poorly, but there will be plenty of time for catch-up. 75 hours to Vancouver.

Milan December 19, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Mattawa

alena December 19, 2009 at 4:21 pm

I look forward to read about your impressions of Canada and Canadians during your trip. A few years ago, I read “Timbit Nation”. A Globe and Mail reporter hitchhiked across Canada from Newfoundland to Vancouver Island. He only would accept rides for one hour. He used this hour to interview the people who picked him up about their lives. The book was based on the interviews.I found it an interesting read.

alena December 19, 2009 at 4:33 pm

My friends at my holiday celebration all wish you a bon voyage and some interesting things to see and experience along the way. Does the driver ever stop near a restaurant to get something to eat for himself? Maybe you could join him.

Milan December 19, 2009 at 5:09 pm

i am nearly in Sudbury, and it is nearly dark out.

zoom December 19, 2009 at 6:52 pm

I love that you’re blogging this as you go! I’ve never done Ottawa to Vancouver by bus, but I *have* done it by train and by hitch-hiking, and it’s a pretty formidable journey. I’ll be reading along with interest.

Milan December 19, 2009 at 7:33 pm

The medium-sized towns have 3G coverage which works with my phone, so blogging is feasible. The snowy countryside, on the other hand, is all about vastness and isolation.