As regular readers will already know, next month I have a photography exhibition at Raw Sugar Cafe (692 Somerset, Ottawa). Some kind of an event corresponding to the opening of the show will be arranged, with details to be published here when known.
As a means of encouraging discussion, the following will be in effect for the time between now and the start of the show: anyone who posts a comment on any of my posts will be entered into a draw for a mounted photographic print of mine which I will select. Each comment will have an equal chance of winning, so people who post more will have better odds.
I will have the print delivered for free (though not necessarily immediately) to anyone in Ottawa, Toronto, or Montreal. Those farther afield would be required to reimburse me for the shipping.
Incidentally, if anyone wants a print of any of my photos, they are welcome to contact me. I am sure we could work something out.
The draw will work as follows:
- The last comment posted before this post goes up will be assigned the number 0.
- Each subsequent comment will be assigned a number in sequence.
- The random number generator at random.org will be used to generate a random integer.
- If that number corresponds to a suitable comment, that person will win.
- Suitable comments exclude the following: comments posted by me, comments posted by the dot persona, spam comments, and any other comments deemed ineligible for the contest by me.
- If the number does not correspond to a suitable comment, another number will be drawn. This will continue as long as necessary.
[Update: 15 September 2009] The winner’s print has been mailed.