Having personally populated a small library full of books on climate change, I can say with some authority that James Hansen’s book Storms Of My Grandchildren makes a substantial contribution to the debate, partly because of the clarity of his thinking and expression.
As such, and in the interests of improving debate here, I am willing to make the following offer:
Basically, if you are an active member of this community and you will read the book, I will send you a copy.
- People requesting a copy must have actively and constructively participated in past discussions on this site (to be judged by me alone)
- They must also be willing to read the book, or pay me back for the book and shipping in the event that they do not.
- Copies will probably be shipped to people via the US, Canadian, or UK versions of Amazon. I may send them by another means, if a cheaper alternative is available, however.
- Any copies shipped outside those places will be shipped at the expense of the recipient.
- To begin with, I will pay for no more than eight copies.
- I reserve the right to cancel the offer at any time.
People who can afford to are encouraged to buy the book themselves, rather than take advantage of this offer. Hardcover copies are on Amazon for $19.44 Canadian.
[Update: 5 February 2010] My review of Hansen’s book is online.