Citable citation

2007-01-03

in Daily updates, Geek stuff, Internet matters, Science

Tree and blue sky

My congratulations go out to my friend Lindi Cassel: the first person who I know personally (as in ‘used to make stick figures out of kneadable eraser while in biology class with’) to get cited on Google Scholar:

Cassel, Lindi and Peter Suedfeld. “Salutogenesis and autobiographical disclosure among Holocaust survivors.” The Journal of Positive Psychology. Volume 1, Number 4 / October 2006. p.212-225.

While the subject matter is certainly sobering, the publication is extremely impressive, like so much else about Lindi. Bravo.

Tim L-G January 3, 2007 at 9:26 am

Adam Pauls has also been cited for his publication about, er, computers or some such nonsense.
Happy New Year!

Milan January 3, 2007 at 10:15 am

Tim,

Good to know. I am sure the list of such citations among friends will lengthen substantially with the passage of time. I discovered the one above in the course of quasi-random insomniac search engine usage.

Adam Pauls’ “Multi-Document Summarization of Evaluative Text” was almost certainly written by the person who I know from debate and the Afternoon Tea Society, at UBC. “Decoherence time scales for meteoroid streams” I am less sure about.

Anon January 3, 2007 at 11:13 am

What’s salutogenesis?

Milan January 3, 2007 at 2:08 pm
R.K. January 4, 2007 at 12:21 am

Unrelated to post above, but interesting:

With two years to spend in the company of a Democrat Congress, President Bush has chosen to write an op-ed piece in The Wall Street Journal. It is so bizarre to read something he supposedly wrote in print.

Lindi June 6, 2007 at 11:18 pm

Hehe…I didn’t see that entry until now!
Thanks for the citation :P

And by the way, don’t forget about the big balancing towers of random stationary supplies that inevitably fell down and annoyed Mrs. Tervit in Science 10 that we used to build. Good thing I didn’t go into Civil Engineering….

Milan June 6, 2007 at 11:33 pm

Lindi,

I have long been impressed with your various abilities. I am sure this citation is just the first of many.

As far as remembering high school goes… studying for these final exams is reminder enough.