WWF Northern Gateway pipeline video

2012-06-18

in Canada, Economics, Politics, The environment, The outdoors

The World Wildlife Fund has put together a beautiful video showing some of what would be put at risk by the proposed Northern Gateway pipeline:

For more information see: Canadiansforgreatbear.ca

. June 18, 2012 at 8:23 pm
alena June 19, 2012 at 10:59 am

Thanks for sharing this beautiful video. Living in BC, it is easy to take for granted that our beautiful nature will remain pristine for ever. The pipeline should definitely not happen and we must challenge our government and business community to not endanger our most precious resource and heritage.

Milan June 19, 2012 at 11:51 am

It would be amazing if you could contact your Member of Parliament and say the same things.

The MP for North Vancouver is:

Andrew Saxton

Hill Office

House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6
Telephone: 613-995-1225
Fax: 613-992-7319
EMail: andrew.saxton@parl.gc.ca
Web Site: http://www.andrewsaxton.ca/

Constituency Office(s)

102 West 3rd Street (Main Office)
North Vancouver, British Columbia
V7M 1E8
Telephone: 604-775-6333
Fax: 604-775-6332

alena June 19, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I am happy to do so and visit the office in person.

Ravi Shanghavi June 21, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Such a beautiful yet saddening video. Thanks for sharing.
Ravi Shanghavi, Ottawa.

Milan June 21, 2012 at 12:53 pm

This won’t necessarily turn out in a sad way. I think there is a good chance the people of British Columbia will refuse to allow this dangerous, carbon-spewing pipeline to be built.

alena June 21, 2012 at 4:48 pm

The letter has been sent.

Milan June 21, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Fantastic!

It would also be much appreciated if you could send a letter to your B.C. MLA:

Naomi Yamamoto

E-mail: naomi.yamamoto.mla@leg.bc.ca
Web site: http://www.naomiyamamotomla.bc.ca

alena June 21, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Will do; did you get a copy of my letter? I copied it to you. Should i add anything to Ms. Yamamoto?

Milan June 21, 2012 at 8:10 pm

I got the CC.

Regarding Ms. Yamamoto, add anything that you think might make the issue salient to her. For instance, any concern you have seen about the project in the community, the possibility that the pipeline could prove an electoral liability for her party, etc.

Geoffrey Farmer October 22, 2012 at 9:55 am

Though now living in Ontario, I grew up in B.C. I was a deckhand on a collector boat in the salmon fishery in the 50s. I sailed the majestic channels of the Jonstone Straits, Knights Inlet and others. Absolutely matchless country and breathtaking in its beauty and treasure. I’m 82 now and I’ll lay down in the track of this pipeine outrage to stop it!

Milan October 22, 2012 at 12:18 pm

That’s encouraging to hear! Hopefully, the people of B.C. will make their voices heard and block this project.