Health Canada has followed up the climate change impact assessment carried out by Natural Resources Canada with a report of their own: Human Health in a Changing Climate: A Canadian Assessment of Vulnerabilities and Adaptive Capacity. For some bizarre reason, they have decided not to post it on their website. Rather, it is available through email upon request. To simplify matters, here it is:
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Assessment Methods
- Chapter 3: Vulnerabilities to Natural Hazards and Extreme Weather
- Chapter 4: Air Quality, Climate Change and Health
- Chapter 5: The Impacts of Climate Change on Water-, Food-, Vector and Rodent-Borne Diseases
- Chapter 6: Health Impacts of Climate Change in Quebec
- Chapter 7: Health Impacts of Climate Change in Canadaâ€™s North
- Chapter 8: Vulnerabilities, Adaptation and Adaptive Capacity in Canada
- Chapter 9: Conclusion
When I have the chance, I will merge them all into one file and post it.
[Update: 19 August 2008] Here is the whole thing as one 9 megabyte PDF: Human Health in a Changing Climate: A Canadian Assessment of Vulnerabilities and Adaptive Capacity.
[Update: 1 January 2012] Here is just the overview page as an image file.