M.Phil results

2007-06-29

in Daily updates, M.Phil thesis, Oxford

This afternoon, after my final meeting with Dr. Hurrell, I got back one copy of my thesis and my grades for the M.Phil:

To put those in perspective, have a look at the scale of marks. The thesis grade is a bit of a disappointment, especially considering how I expended well over one hundred times more effort on the thesis than on the exams. I only began serious exam revision after getting back from the Lake District on June 3rd. Based on the very crude method of taking the mean of the five grades, I got 70.2 overall.

Since the thesis is now publicly available in the Bodleian, it seems appropriate to make it publicly available online as well: Expertise and Legitimacy: The Role of Science in Global Environmental Policy-Making.This version has about two dozen minor errors corrected. If you find more, please let me know and I will make the appropriate changes in the electronic version.

Anon @ Wadh June 29, 2007 at 7:59 pm

Tough break on the thesis. 75 and 77 are awesome, however.

Sean June 29, 2007 at 8:50 pm

Congrats! In my experience most people get better marks on the exams. It great that you got some distinctions.

Ben June 29, 2007 at 8:53 pm

Those are some very good exam marks. The thesis mark is a bit of a surprise, but that’s how these things go sometimes (a lot can still depend on your examiner, etc)

Milan June 30, 2007 at 1:10 am

I know that Evelyn Goh was one of the examiners. She left a letter addressed to herself between some of the last pages of the copy of the thesis that got handed back to me.

mphil June 30, 2007 at 10:04 am

do u know when the other m.phil results come out?

. July 1, 2007 at 2:17 pm

I hear there were four distinctions in your year. As far as I know, that is unprecedented.

Milan March 26, 2009 at 10:06 pm

I wonder if anyone will ever check my thesis out of the Bodleian.

Jack Fuller July 19, 2009 at 4:36 am

I will! If I make it into the MPhil from over here in Australia. Fascinating topic…

. July 19, 2009 at 11:01 am

Expertise and legitimacy : the role of science in global environmental policy-making

Further information: Milan Prazak Ilnyckyj.

Publisher: Thesis (M.Phil.)–University of Oxford, 2007.

Creation Date: 2007

Format: 111 leaves ; 31 cm.

Language: English

Author: Milan Prazak Ilnyckyj 1983- ;
University of Oxford. Dept. of Politics and International Relations. ; University of Oxford. Division of Social Sciences. ; Wadham College. ;

Subjects: Environmental protection — International cooperation ; Global environmental change ; Pollutants — Environmental aspects ; United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (1992). Protocols, etc., 1997 Dec. 11 ; Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (2001) ;

Snippet: Milan Prazak, Ilnyckyj 1983-… Milan Prazak Ilnyckyj…. Ilnyckyj, M… Ilnyckyj, Milan Prazak, 1983-

anand meshram May 13, 2010 at 4:02 am

please send me the Exam Result.