Milan’s Ottawa

2007-12-17

in Canada, Daily updates, Ottawa

Last winter, I made a map of the parts of Oxford in which I would be likely to find myself over the course of a week.

Here is my approximate Ottawa map:

Map of the parts of Ottawa where Milan Ilnyckyj spends time

It is basically defined by three corridors, leading from my home to work, the grocery store, and the Rideau Centre. During the summer, it would certainly have a few more tendrils. That said, it is a safe estimate that 50% of my time is spent within the tiny (unmarked) rectangles of my cubicle and bedroom.

Milan December 17, 2007 at 6:13 pm

To be a bit more precise, I totter across the huge snowbanks beside these three roads. The city has huge tractors they use to push the snow off the road and into high banks along the sidewalks.

Litty December 17, 2007 at 8:35 pm

Get skis, a rifle, and lots of flannel.

Live in a log cabin.

Milan December 17, 2007 at 10:38 pm

Irrelevant to this post, but relevant to a conversation I had tonight: The reading room of the New York Public Library (one of my favourite places) as photographed by Tristan Laing

Yuannie December 18, 2007 at 12:17 am

Rick Steve’s London vs. Milan’s Ottawa. ;-) This entry has its title similar to a travel guide, but the contents are… hmm… somewhat different. Hehe!

Milan December 18, 2007 at 8:49 am

The title of the Oxford post was an allusion to Lyra’s Oxford: a companion book to the His Dark Materials trilogy written by Philip Pullman.

I suppose this title is an allusion to the title of the prior post.

Rick Steve’s Italy was a valuable book for me when visiting Italy in 2004.

Milan May 7, 2009 at 10:32 am

I move a regularly travel a bit more widely now than when this map was made, but not overwhelmingly so.