Brunch with Ottawa bloggers

2008-09-08

in Daily updates, Ottawa, Writing

Last weekend involved a brunch attended by local bloggers, not unlike the four bloggers’ gatherings I attended in Oxford. Zoom has kindly provided the internet with her notes about what occurred and was discussed. An embarrassingly large number of items consist of esoteric topics that I raised. Many thanks to Zoom and XUP for organizing the gathering.

Incidentally, the Clocktower Pub (575 Bank Street) has a rather tasty four-cheese omelet on their brunch menu. It is both reasonably priced and very well stuffed with tasty melted cheese.

zoom September 8, 2008 at 7:15 pm

It is little wonder that half the women bloggers in Ottawa have a crush on you Milan: it’s all that erotic esoterica. ;)

It was good to see you again. Is the mushroom expedition next Sunday en français seulment?

Milan September 8, 2008 at 7:48 pm

Zoom,

On the matter of the mushroom hunters, this is what I received by email:

Deuxiemement, est ce que c’est necessaire de bien parler le Francais pour participer?

Le club est francophone exclusivement.

Cependant les identifications sur les fiches sont en latin, français, anglais.

Libre aux gens de communiquer dans la langue de leur choix.”

. September 8, 2008 at 7:58 pm
Emily September 9, 2008 at 1:25 am

*drool* esoterica…

XUP September 9, 2008 at 10:58 am

It was good to finally meet you, Milan, though I didn’t get much of a chance to talk to you. The 4-cheese omlette is my favorite thing at the Clocktower — except I usually have it with only one cheese. I like to experience my cheeses one at a time so I can better appreciate the full cheesy deliciousness of each.

zoom September 9, 2008 at 3:55 pm

Megan would love that 3D spider.

. September 11, 2008 at 10:31 am

We Should Probably Keep Meeting Like This
September 10, 2008 · 12 Comments

I met some bloggers for brunch in Ottawa recently. This is the second time I’ve met people face-to-face who only know me through this blog, which is something I didn’t think I’d ever do again. I mostly went because I was invited by Zoom!, whose blog I really enjoy, and since there have been no night terrors since the brunch, I’d call the entire event a rousing success.

. September 27, 2008 at 1:24 pm

The irony is, that as with most blogs, nobody really read theirs at the time – ordinary Canadians don’t spend a lot of time reading blogs because ordinary Canadians know that blogs are basically the domain of idiots, mad people and news anchors.

-Rick Mercer