Could anyone use a cell phone?

2009-07-24

in Daily updates

Would anybody have use for a Nokia 6275i cell phone? As it stands, it would only work with Bell, but I could try to unlock it if that would be helpful. I have used it for the last two years, but it is in good condition (some cosmetic scratches, no functional problems). It is a good phone: relatively small, with well-designed software and a fairly intuitive physical interface.

It has a reasonable camera for a cell phone, basic web browsing capabilities, and the ability to use any MP3 as a ringtone. I would include a USB cable for free.

If nobody wants it, I will donate it to a charity.

moin September 25, 2009 at 12:09 pm

do u still have the phone?

Milan September 25, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Yes, but no charger for it. Third party chargers cost about $25 at the cell phone shop on Catherine Street.

moin September 25, 2009 at 12:33 pm

thanks for the reply, where r u located and how much you will charge. Also does it work with Bell canada? pls let me know

Milan September 25, 2009 at 1:32 pm

I live in Ottawa. I wouldn’t charge anything for the phone, but would want to be paid back if I shipped it anywhere.

The phone only works with Bell, since it is ‘locked’ on their network.

moin September 25, 2009 at 4:35 pm

Thanks, How much do you think will cost you to post at the following address:
100 PARKWAY FOREST DRIVE
TORONTO
ONTARIO
M2J 1L6

Please let me know and if its suits to me then I will depost the money in your account here. Let me know if its okay to you
also please send me your contact info at burraq@yahoo.com
Thanks

Milan September 25, 2009 at 4:55 pm

I expect that it will cost less than $10 to mail.

Remember that this is just the phone, with no charger. I will include the original manual if I can find it.

moin September 25, 2009 at 6:20 pm

thats fine, I dont know if you can mail in way that i will pay here at the time of pickup from post office. so that you dont need to pay the postal fee, the other option is you send me your bank A/c to my email and i will deposit the money first and then you send to me. please do whatever suits you. I undersatnd that no charger with it, I take it as long as its works fine with Bell

Please let me know what option you would like so that i will send you my complete address

moin September 28, 2009 at 9:59 am

Good Monring, I am still waiting for your reply.
Please let me know what would you like to do?
Thanks

Milan September 28, 2009 at 10:06 am

I will mail the phone as soon as I get the chance. I wasn’t able to find the manual, but it is probably possible to find online.

moin September 28, 2009 at 10:16 am

dont worry abt the manual, i can get it online, let me know when u are ready so that i can will send my complete address.Thanks

Milan September 28, 2009 at 10:17 am

I was going to mail it to the address you provided before during my lunch break today.

moin September 28, 2009 at 10:21 am

please just add, Apt 111
Let me know the postal price which i have to pay either at the post office or bank or any other mean, i.e. western union etc
Thanks you again

Milan September 28, 2009 at 1:19 pm

The phone is in the mail and should arrive by 5:00pm tomorrow.

The tracking number is 0103 5850 0007 7031.

It cost $10.28 to send. If you have a credit card, you could send me that amount via PayPal. If not, you could always just mail me a $10 bill.

Moin September 28, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Thanks a lot, give me your mailing address and i will send you cheaque
i never pay through paypal thats i am not used to it. I can send you via western union but i need your phone number for this option. Let me know whatever suits to you.

Milan September 30, 2009 at 12:36 pm

Did you manage to find the phone? Sorry for sending it to apartment 11, rather than 111.