Arguments and ideas featured in recent Planet Money podcasts:
- An effective sex education strategy for preventing pregnancy and disease is to tell teenagers to feel free to have sex with each other, but that they should avoid having sex with older men.
- Fareed Zakaria thinks our only hope of dealing with climate change is the emergence of magical technologies that deal with the problem without economic growth having to stop.
- Contrary to what some economists have argued, people in countries where malaria is endemic will use bednets if they are given away for free.
- A controlled study suggests that attending a couple of years of preschool has very large lifetime benefits, including in higher earnings and less chance of being arrested.
- There are sites online selling stolen credit cards where two people must vouch for your criminality before you can join.
- One reason why we tip is because we feel guilty about how much more fun we are having than the people serving us.
It’s a good podcast.