A postal query

2006-12-10

in Travel, Writing

Every time I go on vacation, I need to verify at least twelve postal addresses belonging to friends who move often or live in multiple places. I should develop some kind of web registry where people can update their information, but where not just anyone can read it. I would not recommend posting them as comments, as I am presently immersed in a shooting war with various spammers who want to hock pills and stolen software to my esteemed readership.

In the mean time, friends anywhere are encouraged to email me their addresses (to milan dot ilnyckyj at politics dot ox dot ac dot uk). If I get more than twenty requests, I will probably only fill the first twenty. After all, I have already sent about eighteen.

Milan December 10, 2006 at 4:24 pm

The following people are especially requested to send me their current addresses, as I either have none for you with me or have serious doubts that you still live there:

Alison Benjamin
Lindi Cassel
Linnea Mobrand

Milan December 10, 2006 at 4:32 pm

I also have my doubts about the addresses for Sasha Wiley, Zandara Kennedy, Neal Lantela, and Ian Townsend-Gault.

On the off chance that Vicki Lyus or Eva Burneko is reading this, an email would be much appreciated.

Marianne December 10, 2006 at 9:16 pm

Have you tried using Plaxo’s service? http://www.plaxo.com

Milan December 11, 2006 at 4:23 pm

Marianne,

I have not, but I will have a look once I get back to Oxford.

Anonymous December 12, 2006 at 2:46 pm

I think spammers may be targetting Spam Karma protected blogs, specifically. I have been seeing Google hits for people searching for the string SK2 adds to the bottom of pages.

Oana December 14, 2006 at 11:15 am

I second the Plaxo suggestion. Not sure how compatible it is with other email services, but it works well with Outlook and Outlook Express.