Some shows that have been recommended to me include:
- Countries Shaped Like Stars and Inclement Weather by Mi Casa
- On Second Thought, a one-man comedy from Toronto.
- Jonno Katz’s The Accident
- Lana Schwartz’s Grandpa Sol & Grandma Roise
- Tricklock’s Catgut Strung Violin
At a minimum, I will post a quick comment on any shows I see.
[Update: 27 June 2009] I saw Catgut Strung Violin tonight and was most impressed. It was a three-man show on the ‘innocent young man gets sent to war’ theme. It mixed the sober moments into a great deal of intricate, acrobatic slapstick comedy. The sheer number of props and bits of timing to remember must have demanded quite a rehearsal schedule. The end result was poignant and deeply entertaining, in alternating fashion.
There is one more show, tomorrow at 3:00pm.
[Update: 28 Jun 2009] I saw We Never Clothed this afternoon, and found it enjoyable. I liked the musical numbers and the interaction of the actresses. The artistic intent behind the costumes and nudity wasn’t entirely clear to me.