Fill the Hill 2009 video

2009-10-24

in Canada, Films and movies, Politics, The environment

Today’s climate change rally on Parliament Hill was a great success, with a huge number of people showing up despite the nasty weather. The speakers were strong, and the mood in the crowd was very positive. It’s great that people have rallied around such a challenging target, with the 350 campaign. Let’s hope that this movement can grow to the point where policies to end deforestation and the use of fossil fuels become mainstream and effective, around the world. That’s the only way we will be able to avoid dangerous climate change.

I don’t have my brother Mica’s talent for editing video. If someone wants access to the unedited files, please let me know and I will provide them. Perhaps they can be incorporated into a more sophisticated product, with music and such.

OttawaGreenPower October 24, 2009 at 11:11 pm

This guy seems to get it.

Milan October 24, 2009 at 11:45 pm

I agree. I think he is a representative of Oxfam Canada.

Milan October 28, 2009 at 2:07 pm

This video was also uploaded to CitizenGlobal’s collection of October 24th climate videos.

You can download it as an 87.4MB file there, as well. If someone wants to remix it, or use part of my footage in a larger project, I can send the full-sized original files.

Hasnat Ahsan October 29, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Hi Milan! Thanks for posting the video!!!! It’s great!
I was wondering if I may be able to borrow the footage for the entire day? We are putting together a mix of our own and it would be really great to add some of your footage as well.
Please let me know the best way to get in touch with you (I am not sure if you are based in Ottawa). If you are, perhaps we can connect face to face?

Take care,

Hasnat

Milan October 29, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Hasnat,

I would be happy to provide the original data, either on a DVD or as a large file that you can download.

All told, it should be a few hundred megabytes. It is covered by my general copyright policy.

. November 2, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Filling Parliament Hill – The Video Edition
by Tzeporah Berman

Friends at seeactinspire have posted my speech to the Fill The Hill rally in Ottawa last Saturday. Lots of other great videos on their channel too. Big shout outs to Fill The Hill, 350.org and Power Shift Canada for their organizing and ecoSanity.org who shot the video. Sure was cathartic looking out at 3000 people on Parliament Hill, knowing we were only one among thousands of events around the world that day.

. November 8, 2009 at 10:30 pm