Fill the Hill 2009 photos

2009-10-24

in Canada, Daily updates, Photography, Politics, The environment

I don’t usually use Flickr, but that seems to be the default platform for the 350 movement. In any case, here is a slideshow of my photos from today.

Some video is here.

alena October 24, 2009 at 10:30 pm

What a great selection of photos! You really captured the mood well. I was participating in the events in Vancouver and the events also had a strong and positive feeling. There were a lot of people at different venues and they showed passion, commitment and enthusiasm. It really reminded me of the times that we participated in Peace marches across the Burrard St. bridge, when you were a small child. I love the portrait of the woman with the green hoodie and a green leaf on her face.

Milan October 24, 2009 at 10:38 pm

My dSLR actually died twenty minutes into things.

I went back to Henry’s and they decided it had to go back to Canon. 4-6 week turnaround.

Thankfully, a few minutes after I mentioned that I was an Oxfam volunteer taking photos for the climate event, they offered to let me borrow a Canon 20D until Monday for free.

Milan October 24, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Three lessons learned:

1) There is value in working with a photo shop close to where you live and work.

2) Sometimes, shelling out for the extended warranty is rewarded.

3) The Canon semi-pro bodies might cost more than they are really worth, but they feel solid and they have a superb shutter release sound.

Milan October 24, 2009 at 11:12 pm
Julia October 25, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Hey! these are some terrific shots. I am wondering how or if I can save a couple? It doesnt seem possible through the slideshow…
Thanks so much for doing this!

Milan October 25, 2009 at 5:51 pm

Here is the Flickr set. I can also send full resolution files for printing, as requested.

My copyright policy is here.