The fifth and final episode in Amanda Harvey-Sànchez and Julia DeSilva’s series on the University of Toronto fossil fuel divestment campaign, successively organized by Toronto350.org, UofT 350.org, and then the Leap Manifesto and Divestment & Beyond groups.
The episode brings back guests from each prior era, and includes some interesting reflections on what organizers from different eras felt they learned, the value of protest as an empowerment space and venue for inter-activist networking, the origins of the Leap Manifesto group in the aftermath of the 2016 rejection, as well as how they explain President Gertler’s decision to reverse himself and divest five years after he rejected the Toronto350.org campus fossil fuel divestment campaign.
Threads on previous episodes:
- Intro: Podcast series on fossil fuel divestment at the University of Toronto
- Episode 1: Podcast episode about the early U of T fossil fuel divestment campaign
- Episode 2: New podcast on the U of T divestment campaign from 2014 to 2016
- Episode 3: Available on Spotify
- Episode 4: Divestment generation podcast 4